Central Coast Family Support Services Inc. facilitates a variety of courses, seminars, workshops and family events open to families living across the Central Coast region. Groups are delivered in a variety of locations and all courses are currently free. Some group work programs provide child care facilities and often a gold coin donation for this service is requested. If you would like to register your interest in any of our programs please call our office on 43401585 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will phone you back.
Circle of Security
The Circle of Security is a relationship based early intervention program designed to enhance attachment security between parents and their children.
Bringing Up Great Kids
The Bringing Up Great Kids program is designed for parents to learn about the brain development of their children and understand how to meet their children’s growing needs. Through the program, parents are supported to build attentive communication with children. Parents also reflect on and explore the meaning behind their children’s behaviour and develop an awareness of the cues that trigger off unhelpful or ineffective responses.
Triple P – Positive Parenting Program
The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program is a parenting and family support system designed to prevent – as well as treat – behavioural and emotional problems in children and teenagers. It aims to prevent problems in the family, school and community before they arise and to create family environments that encourage children to realise their potential.
1-2-3 Magic & Emotion Coaching
1-2-3 Magic is a behaviour management program which aims at teaching parents and guardians simple, precise and effective ways to manage their child or children, in approximately the 2 to 12 year age range.
With 1-2-3 Magic you will learn
- How to get your kids to STOP doing what you don’t want them to do (arguing, whining, tantrums, sibling rivalry, etc).
- How to encourage your kids to START doing what you want them to do (cleaning rooms, going to bed, homework, etc).
- How to avoid the Talk-Persuade-Argue-Yell-Hit syndrome.
- How to handle misbehaviour in public.
- How to deal with the six kinds of testing and manipulation.
Tuning into Kids
Tuning in to Kids is a parenting program that aims to give you helpful ways of teaching your child the skills of emotional intelligence. The program teaches you about how you, as a parent, can help your child develop good emotional skills. It teaches parents:
- awareness and regulation of their own emotions
- awareness of their children’s emotions
- to use children’s emotional experiences as an opportunity for closeness and teaching
- skills in assisting children to verbally label and manage their emotions
- skills in assisting children in problem solving
- to guide children’s behaviour with appropriate limits
Shark Cage is a trauma informed five step program of interventions designed to heal and empower women who have experienced repeated abuse such as family violence or sexual assault. It is based on a metaphor which forms the first step in the framework. The metaphor relates to women having a high risk of male violence due to social practices that have not given girls and women the same rights as men.
Stand Together is a program for women caring for children post domestic violence, who are not at serious threat.
The intention of the program is:
- For women to explore the impact of domestic violence on themselves and their children
- To assist women understand how this may have impacted their parenting, now and into the future
- To assist women with strategies to heal and strengthen their relationships with their children post a violent relationship
- For women to increase their skills in managing the ongoing needs of their children within the context of post violent relationships.
Black Box Parenting
The Black Box Parenting Program is an innovative program developed specifically for the challenges of parenting after violence. The program is a great, non-blaming way to get parents thinking about how they interact with their children and how to manage some of the challenges of parenting after violence.
Young Parent Support Groups
We facilitate a number of parenting and social support groups for young parents and their children. Our group work programs are free and delivered in a variety of locations across the Central Coast These groups are run specifically for young parents under the age of 25 years and often include transport assistance and child care options. To find out more about our young parent groups you can stay in touch with us at our face book page called Young Parent Central.
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Support Groups
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren support groups meet regularly at venues across the Central Coast. You do not need to register your attendance, just turn up on the day. If you would like to enquire about attending this group, please contact our office on 4340 1585.
Other group work/courses
A variety of group work programs are delivered throughout the year that are designed to assist women and families with maintaining wellbeing and healthy relationships, parenting and making positive life choices. Post-natal depression, anxiety, domestic violence, parents as case co-ordinators, life skills and self-care choices are often delivered in partnership with the wider community sector. Some groups provide child care if pre-booked. If you would like to express an interest in participating in one of our groups, please sign up for our email newsletter to keep in touch with what is happening in our group work program.